- Tips from a social media management company melbourne: Your 2017 social media marketing checklist
Social media marketing is becoming more challenging and time-consuming, hence we feel it’s time to get organised when managing your brand’s social presence.
There are many reasons for a brand to invest in social media marketing, and the results depend on the goals set:
- Increase awareness
- Reach a new audience
- Boost engagement
- Increase traffic to a site
- Get leads
No matter what goals you set for the new year, you still need to stay on top of your brand’s social media marketing and the right checklist may help you with all the tasks you need to do at the beginning of the year. Here’s our tips from a social media management company Melbourne for your 2017 social media marketing checklist.
The initial stage where you’ll think of new ways to boost your social media marketing.
- Explore latest trends and see if any fit in your own strategy
- Learn more about new platforms, or examine whether old ones are still suitable for your audience
- Be creative and think outside the box
- Come up with new content ideas and experiment with them on each platform
- Ask for help
Now it’s time to evaluate your planning to see whether it’s effective enough to help your social media marketing.
- Go back to your content calendar and see whether it was effective enough to use it frequently
- What needs to be improved on the existing content calendar?
- Decide on the channels you’re using. Should you add new ones?
- Examine whether the frequency of the content has been effective up to now
- Organise your goals and your KPIs
- Do you know how to justify your social marketing efforts?
Now you’re ready to check the practical aspect of your social media marketing. Evaluating the implementation phase helps you understand whether your plan has been successful.
- Are you happy with the way the posts are published?
- Is the content calendar followed?
- Is the level of engagement what you expected?
- Are you replying to user comments?
- Are you monitoring your brand’s social accounts?
- Do you use all your social accounts consistently?
- How is collaboration between the team?
- Is there a plan to deal with urgent situations?
- When was the last time you dealt with a crisis, and how can you avoid another one?
- Can you use social media for customer service?
Examine whether the campaign is effective.
- Start by going back to your initial goals. Were they met? Are they realistic?
- Check each platform’s native analytics to stay updated on insights
- Use an analytics platform to have an overview of your social media marketing performance
- Find the best performing platforms and raise the expectations in the new year
- Find the platforms you need to focus on and come up with new content ideas to improve their performance
- Align social media marketing KPIs with your wider marketing strategy
Although the checklist and the questions you need to answer might seem time-consuming, the actual process is faster than you think. This can even be an annual task, helping you create a successful social media marketing strategy, with a clear plan, goal and measurement.