Are you trying to find the right expert Magento eCommerce developer for your next website project? Confused about what to ask, or what to be on the look out for? I have written the below to try and help you with the selection process.
Magento Expertise comes from years of experience in working with both the Magento Community Magento Enterprise editions. The beauty and power of Magento makes it suitable for both small and large businesses, and an expert Magento eCommerce developer should be able to give you a clear, comprehensive scope and proposal outlining the version of Magento that is right for you, and how the site will be built – in granular detail, to meet your business needs.
Coming back to the question: How to select expert Magento eCommerce developer?
- Look for companies that have proven expertise in Magento, and can show you plenty of examples of their work
- Ask them about the challenges of eCommerce and how they approach each of these to achieve viable outcomes for clients
- How many years experience do they have? Specifically, how many years experience do the developers working on your project have? Can you meet them?
- What’s their communication approach? How often will they be in touch, and how?
- This is a big one – You need a developer that has extensively worked with Magento. By this I mean that you want a developer that has done much more than just theme integration. Can they show you evidence of this customisation and complex work?
- As with most eCommerce platforms, Magento requires custom module creation, typically multiple third party API integrations, complex delivery calculators etc. How confident do they sound when talking about this?
- Ask for specific Magento customer references, and be sure they are recent.
Magento is a very powerful open source CMS platform. With the right approach by experienced developer Magento can and should become your biggest ally in terms of a shot at a successful eCommerce venture. Take the time to research Magento developers carefully, and you’ll be in good hands.